This section is a step-by-step guide for setting up a Run:AI cluster.
- A Run:AI cluster is installed on top of a Kubernetes cluster.
- A Run:AI cluster connects to the Run:AI backend on the cloud. The backend provides a control point as well as a monitoring and control user interface for Administrators.
- A customer may have multiple Run:AI Clusters, all connecting to a single backend.
For additional details see the Run:AI system components
- Review Run:AI cluster prerequisites.
- Step by step installation instructions.
- Look for troubleshooting tips if required.
- Upgrade cluster and delete cluster instructions.
You can also use our Quick installation guide which installs Kubernetes together with Run:AI on a single node.
As part of the installation process, you will download a Run:AI Operator YAML file and apply it to the cluster. Before applying the file, you will often need to customize the file. For a list of customization see Customize Installation
For advanced scenarios such as Researcher authentication & authorization, limiting the installation to specific cluster nodes or enforcing none-root containers see the Advanced section.
After setting up the cluster, you may want to start setting up Researchers. See: Researcher Setup.