Install the CLI
The Run:AI Command-line Interface (CLI) is one of the ways for a researcher to send deep learning workloads, acquire GPU-based containers, list jobs, etc.
The instructions below will guide you through the process of installing the CLI.
- Kubectl (Kubernetes command-line interface) installed and configured to access your cluster. Please refer to https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/tools/install-kubectl/
- Helm. See https://helm.sh/docs/intro/install/ on how to install Helm. Run:AI works with Helm version 3 only (not helm 2).
- A Kubernetes configuration file obtained from a computer previously connected to the Kubernetes cluster
The Run:AI CLI needs to be connected to the Kubernetes Cluster containing the GPU nodes:
- Create a directory .kube. Copy the Kubernetes configuration file into the directory
Create a shell variable to point to the above configuration file. Example:
Test the connection by running:
kubectl get nodes
Run:AI CLI Installation¶
- Download the latest release from the Run:AI releases page https://github.com/run-ai/runai-cli/releases
- Unarchive the downloaded file
Install by running:
To verify the installation run:
Troubleshooting the CLI Installation¶
Updating the Run:AI CLI¶
To update the CLI to the latest version run:
sudo runai update